Monday, April 13, 2009

A positive conversation

Jenny .......I will start by answering your question.

Remember I do not have any say in the policies of the United Rugby club. This blog contains my opinions and yes at times my brothers and I disagree. Also keep in mind that all the rules have now been changed for U-19 clubs, now allowing a max of 5 import players.

United has three import players this year. For almost one year I have been asking Highland to agree to the self imposed limit of two import players on the field at any one time. As you know this is not agreeable to HR. If HR agreed I believe United would follow suit.

HR may have 3,4,5 or 6 again this year. No one really knows because it has always been very secretive.

Lets assume that the import players are of equal or similar skill level. United has 3 HR has (?). Now the local players on both teams can compete on an almost level playing field.

Why don't we see if HR would agree to a limit of 3 import players on the field at anyone time. This would absolutely level the playing field for everyone. Is this fair? Can you expect any team to not have import players now that the rules have been changed and particularly after years of being soundly beaten by HR with their regular stable of amazing players from New Zealand.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Highland has only 3 players. I wrote that previously, but I will again put it out there. There is no secrecy to it. They have 3, United has 3. All I was saying before is that it seemed like you were calling Highland on, but neglecting United's team. I understand the rule change, just be fair with it all. Highland has always told people to emulate what they do, there is no problem with United doing the same. My problem is that there just seems to be negative sentiment towards Highland about the issue without other teams being mentioned. Again though, 3 players. Now you know.

Jenny said...

I also would ask you to research all the years of the national tournament to see exactly how many of these boys have received MVP awards. That might clear up the misconception that they are "mysteriously overlooked" at the tournaments. I appreciate your willingness to have an open dialogue.

Ra Puriri said...

Thanks appreciate the feedback

Ra Puriri said...

Jenny, can you ask HR to give us a list of the MVP 's from New Zealand over the tears and we will post it hear.