Thursday, April 29, 2010

Coach Puriri's response on the ruling

From: toawarrior@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:14:32 +0000
To: Michael Cressler
Subject: Re: HS EC committe decision on the dispute between SC and Kearns

I also failed to mention that in all my years of rugby I have seen decisions based totally on the letter of the law, and very few on the spirit of the law. It takes a lot of courage to rule on the spirit of the law. The right ruling should of been based on the spirit of the law.

You made a decision without considering the boys safety. If I would of left him on and the boy collasped and died, I would been at fault. To do what I did should be rewarded no penalized. You guys missed an opportunity to take the higher road and go above and beyond, just the rule. If faced with the same situation I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If a team is so hard up for a victory,after getting their butts kicked for 45-50 minutes then we will choose not to play against them in the future.
Sorry to whine. Next game we play we will fake injuries to get boys back in. Hopefully avoiding something like this again.

Michael Puriri
Coach Snow Canyon Rugby

No comments: